Capital Football is committed to the ongoing development of female coaches in Wellington in order to support the growth and sustainability of women’s football in the region. The aim of the Female Coach Development Programme (FCDP) is to increase the quantity and quality of female coaches in the region, by creating an improved female coaching culture that is attractive to female coaches.
The FCDP aims to develop a cohort of female coaches over the age of 16 who have a desire to pursue coaching at or above Federation Talent Centre level within the next two years.
The FCDP will create a support network for female coaches where they can gain knowledge, share ideas and receive support on a regular basis. The FCDP will assist coaches who wish to take their coaching to a higher level with viable opportunities and pathways.
The programme will include formal and informal education for female coaches, including; New Zealand Football Coaching Courses, FIFA Courses, Sport Wellington Seminars, practical workshops, session observation and 1 on 1 mentoring opportunities.
Please complete the FCDP Application form attached
- Registration Open Date: Friday 5th May
- Registration Close Date: Friday 19th May
- Candidate Announcement Date: Monday 22nd May
Programme costs will be covered by Capital Football. Additional courses requiring payment will be optional.
FCDP will run 29th May 2017 – 31st December 2018
- Workshop #1 – Monday 29th May 6-8pm
- Welcome & Introductions
- Programme Aims & Objectives
- 1 on 1 meeting – June 2017
- Individual Goal Setting
- NZF Coaching Courses – run throughout 2017/2018
- Workshop #2 – August 2017
- Workshop #3 – October 2017
- National League and National Age Group Session Observation – October to December 2017
- Do you want to develop your coaching knowledge?
- Do you want to grow girls and women’s football in the capital?
- Do you have a willingness to share ideas?
- Do you have a willingness to learn from others?
- Do you have a desire to pursue coaching?
- Do you want to coach at or above Federation Talent Centre level?
- Do you want to see more females in coaching & leadership roles?
- Do you want to be a role model for young girls?
- Do you wish you had more female coaches growing up?
If you answered yes to the above questions please fill out the application form and email to email@example.com
For full details see here
To apply for the programme please complete the form here.